Monday, March 2, 2009

Linda Mc.

My Journey to Christ
By Linda Mc


My conversion story started late in 1965 when I began to look for the Lord to come into my life. As the scripturesays in Matthew 7:7 -

“Ask, and it shall be given you: seek and ye shall find: knock and it shall be opened unto you”

My journey had started. I went to the Lord in prayer. That prayer was answered by meeting my neighbor friend who told me about her church. I was baptized March 19, 1966. Another answer to that same prayer came when, in a dream, I saw the Lord. He said “Come follow me.” This resulted in me obtaining a strong desire to become a better person and striving to obey the Lord’s commandments as I learned them.

Very soon after my baptism, in just a few months, something happened and I fell away from the church. One reason is that we became “boaters” on Sundays. I noticed that each Sunday, the Holy Spirit gently spoke to my heart and reminded me that I was not in the right place. As a family, we moved to Tucson and my marriage ended in a devastating divorce.

This was the time that another neighbor (and girl friend) invited me to church. Immediately, I recognized that warm, sweet feeling while being in church and I strongly desired to become active.

My faith developed as I learned more of the teachings of the Lord. At the same time I was facing many new challenges. It is true, when one door closes, another door opens.

One of my favorite scriptures is Matthew 22:37 -
“Jesus said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all they mind."


I was so nourished by the scriptures. My love and trust in Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, grew in leaps and bounds. My life was changing. I began to recognize those promptings were from the Holy Spirit as he guided me through some rough times.


I also noticed the many blessings that Heavenly Father was giving to me. My trust in Him strengthened when I started paying tithing as a single mother of two. There was always
a roof over our heads, food in the kitchen and a job waiting for me. I found strength and guidance as I read the scriptures and honored the Sabbath Day to keep it holy.
In Matthew 5:6 -
“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”

There was a strong desire in me to learn the knowledge of the gospel which was leading me to become a more righteous living person. I was becoming the person that you read about in Jeremiah 17:7 -
“Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.”

One of those greatest blessings was meeting a worthy man and marrying in the temple. I met a man who loved the gospel as much as I did. Sunday became one of our favorite days of the week when we could go to church to worship Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ as we partake of the sacrament.


I am filled with gratitude to know Heavenly Father and His Son through prayer and to learn of His teachings. My prayer now is to always live close to the Father and His Son – AND – to have a Christ centered life.


Linda Mc
March 1, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Linda, thank you! It is wonderful to see your love of the Lord and His word. Your testimony and quiet example lift us all.
    Mary Lee

    ReplyDelete